The Best Beard Grooming Products
Growing a beard used to be easy. You just didn't shave for a while. But things have changed. Maintaining a beard style requires more care and tailoring. A shaggy beard might look good in the rugged department, but it's not doing you any favors when it comes to work, dating, and all around looks department.
Beard Accessories & Beard Styling
It's time to grab some beard styling accessories and prove to everyone (even your mother) that your scruff or power 'stache was not such just some silly phase, but here to stay.
- Before you even begin with the tools below, you're going to want to make sure you're beard is properly washed and conditioned. This first step is really important to the rest of the process.
- Now it's time to grab your beard brush and comb the beard. But, before you start, you're actually going to want to comb against the grain. This way all the hair are standing up, making it easier to trim and achieve an even length.
- Set up your beard bib to avoid making a mess and save you some time on with a quick clean up. Reach for your trusty beard trimmer or electric shaver and go to work. A word of advice, start with the longest length first before starting to avoid making a mistake. You can always go shorter.
- Now the important part, trimming the neckline and cheeks. This is where a quality straight razor comes in handy to ensure nice, straight lines.
- The final step is to grab your favorite Otter Grooming Co. beard oil or beard balm to finalize your beard style. Once it's thoroughly distributed you can use your beard brush to put everything back into it's proper place.