Beard oils should mostly be used on beards in the first 0-3 weeks of growth because it provides both hair and skin benefits.
- The best time to apply beard oil is after a hot shower, when your hairs are cleanest and softest; this is when they will most easily absorb the oil.
- Dry your beard completely before applying. Water will prevent the oil from being absorbed.
- Put 2-3 drops of beard oil in your palms (This will go a long way, and you can apply more later if needed). Spread it evenly in your palms and fingers.
- Brush your palms along the sides of your beard. Do the same down the front. Then bring both hands up through the bottom of your beard. Use your finger tips to coat the hairs on your mustache.
- Use a beard brush to evenly distribute the beard oil while setting the hairs back in place. Repeat this process once daily to keep your beard soft and conditioned.
Beard Grooming Tip
It's recommended that you only wash your beard 2-4 times per week to avoid it drying out. Simply rinse with plain water with no soap. A shower is preferred over washing at a sink, but either works great.